Crispads

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Proverbs, Chapter 6

Part of seeking wisdom is acknowledging that we need to seek it. This is where I was about a week ago. After a long talk with my father about being so lost, he pointed out that sometimes you need to step back and simply ask god to show us back to the path. In those moments we need to repent that we are lost, and we must seek God. Proverbs 6 today shows that one of the main reasons we get lost is because we strike out on our own path, rather than seeking the path God has set before us. I admit god slapped me in the face this morning with these first three verses:

 1 My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor,
       if you have struck hands in pledge for another,

 2 if you have been trapped by what you said,
       ensnared by the words of your mouth,

 3 then do this, my son, to free yourself,
       since you have fallen into your neighbor's hands:
       Go and humble yourself;
       press your plea with your neighbor! – Proverbs 6:1-3

Most of the time I really have no idea what I am doing. God made it plain to me a few years ago that I am on this earth to write. Since that time, the only place that I truly find peace is in my writing. When my recent job fell apart late last week, I was laid off after just three days on the job because of a lack of revenue for the site I was managing. Imagine my frustration. I had waited four and a half years for a full-time job. I was given one that allowed me to work from home and to write about something I love. It was taken away after just three days, leaving me more lost than before.

So I am trying to humble myself this morning and seek the wisdom that God has for me. I feel like I am at the mercy of the world, not knowing what to do next with no more doors open before me. I must push forward though. This chapter says that we are to continue working without being lazy. I know God wants me to write, so I write at my ventures that won't pay the bills because I know I am building a foundation with them. It is all I can do this morning.

No comments: