Crispads

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Proverbs, chapter 29

15 The rod of correction imparts wisdom,
but a child left to himself disgraces his mother. – Proverbs 29:15

No one enjoys facing discipline. It is a reminder that we are wrong, and who wants to admit that they were wrong. We all must face discipline though. How we handle it determines our character. I had to face it this week at work when I was caught reading stuff on the internet instead of working. I could have fought back. I had already finished my work for the day, but instead I needed to respond in a more positive manner. I needed to keep my job, after all. Even though I am not a fan of it, I know have to limit my usage of the internet at work as a result of this discipline. It is for the better as well.

18 Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint;
but blessed is he who keeps the law. – Proverbs 29:18

What is the law for us? It is following the rules set down before us from God. Honestly, I am having a hard time writing about this chapter this morning because I don’t have any kind of a revelation. I am confident, however, that’s God’s Word is the law. Look at how chaotic society is today. It is a direct result of the world turning away from God’s law and following the ways of man. That should say everything we need to know about this point.

No comments: