Crispads

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Proverbs, chapter 24

10 If you falter in times of trouble,
how small is your strength! – Proverbs 24:10

There is something here this morning with this verse. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but I know the Lord has drawn t to my attention today. Perhaps it is related to giving up in some way. I say that because we must surrender ourselves to God in times of trouble. Sometimes our tendency is to rely on ourselves. I have done that for four and a half years during my jobless state and it has gotten me exactly nothing.

Lately though I have had a change of mind in regards to things. I recognize I can do nothing beyond what is presented to me. Perhaps I am just exasperated, but when things are beyond my control lately I have just been saying, “Lord, You know what to do. You figure it out because I can’t.” To me, this is knowing where my true strength lies. I cannot make people read a resume when I send it in. All I can do is send it.

16 for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again,
but the wicked are brought down by calamity. – Proverbs 24:16

I saw a version of this in a basketball shoe commercial a few years ago with Dwyane Wade. He spoke about being fouled a lot in a game. He said if you fall seven times, just get up eight. That is really the key to life. Every time you fall, just get right back up. When I lost my long-awaited full-time job about a month ago it was a fall, but I got back up and now I am waiting for God to figure out what He is going to do with me. It is all I can do.

No comments: