Crispads

Monday, March 16, 2009

2 Corinthians, chapter 5

I think this chapter goes a long way in explaining why I don't feel like I fit in very well with this world. I am a person that I constantly at odds with my surroundings. I am not comfortable in many situations. I tend to take a narrow, bitter view of the world and the way it operates because it seems so contrary to the principles I learned while growing up. I guess I just have different expectations, and this chapter goes a long way in explaining that. I am uncomfortable because I am a child of the Spirit, and not of the world.

6Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. 7We live by faith, not by sight. 8We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 9So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. – 2 Corinthians 5:6-10

Maybe that is why I don't feel at home in my own body anymore. I have accepted my role as a servant of Christ, so I no longer serve myself. I live to serve Christ, and since most days I feel like I fall short of this goal it leads to a down attitude. Fortunately, we are promised salvation as long as we believe that Christ died for our sins. Though we will still be responsible for what we do in this life, it is still forgiven if we accept the gift of forgiveness. That is the beauty of the promise.

No comments: