Crispads

Thursday, March 26, 2009

2 Corinthians, Chapter 12

I am not perfect. You are not perfect. No one is perfect. The amazing thing about God is that He does not need us to be perfect. Here in 2 Corinthians 12 Paul reminds us that God’ power is made perfect in our own weakness. I have long prayed for this blog to be made perfect in my weakness. I have prayed the God’s message will come out even in my halting and imperfect attempts to elaborate on it. I know that ultimately it is not what I want to say that is important here. It is what God wants to say through me that is important.

9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. – 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I consider it the greatest honor of my life that God uses me for His kingdom. Recently my other blog was picked up by a national service. I now have an audience that literally comes from around the world. It represents a huge step forward in my career that gets me to that next level where even more doors can open. I find myself wanting to write all the time over there, while coming here for a few hundred words a day is sometimes a struggle. This is my weakness because I know this is my far more important work. Still, all the accoledes and possibilities mean nothing compared to the work I am doing in this space. I am reaching only a handful of people each day, but I am honored that God even has that small audience for me. I pray that in my imperfect His knowledge reaches you the reader.

No comments: