Crispads

Friday, March 27, 2009

2 Corinthians, chapter 13

Have you ever wondered if Christ is truly in you? I know at times I have felt it. I have felt that I can’t possibly be following God’s plan because I feel so lost. That is our own imperfection speaking. I have spoken about the imperfection of humanity, but it stands in such stark contrast to God’s perfection. In a way, God’s perfection is what makes our own imperfection perfect. Here in the final chapter of 2 Corinthians Paul makes the point again of our own weaknesses being made strong in the sight of God. Only an all-powerful God can do something like that.

4For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you. – 2 Corinthians 13:4

This is a very short chapter. It is also the last I will be writing before a much needed vacation begins next week. Still, it continues to bring home the most important point of all of Scripture. That point is that the blood of Christ conquers all. We talk about our own weakness, but it was Christ making himself week that allows us to have our greatest strength. That’s really all I have to say today.

No comments: