Crispads

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2 Peter, chapter 2

It is hard to like this world. When I read the news every day I see how sin is not only condoned, but encouraged. Stupid rules are enforced, while age-old family values are swept under the rug with the guise of “being progressive”. For me, it is hard to understand why the world has gone this way and still maintain my faith. I admit that it has not been easy of late.

2 Peter 2 addresses with a scathing commentary against false teachers and their commentary. The world today is full of false teachers. There are obvious ones, such as the infamous Fred Phelps at the Westboro Baptist Church. His message is one of pure, unadulterated hatred instead of the true love that God wants us to show people. Other false teachers are more subtle, and those are the ones that lure us away from the path God has planned for us.

7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. – 2 Peter 2:7-9

I feel like Lot today. I feel like I am lost in a world where I don’t belong. Another great job opportunity fell through for me yesterday, so I am openly questioning what my place in this world is. Peter left a promise in this passage though. If we remain faithful, we will be delivered. There are days when I openly wonder if I will ever feels peace this side of heaven. I just pray daily that I can do my part to earn this reward.

No comments: