Crispads

Friday, March 14, 2008

Isaiah, Chapter 51

This has been a great week for God revealing His Word through the book of Isaiah. Yesterday was one of those rare powerful experiences where I felt as if the Word of God was breaking me down inside and putting me back together with a message of hope. Today we see the manifestation of that hope in Isaiah 51. Chapter 50 yesterday showed us how sin separates us from God. It showed that the separation is total and complete, and only the blood of Christ on the Cross can bridge that separation. Today we see that once that bridge has been crossed, the salvation is everlasting.

5 My righteousness draws near speedily,
       my salvation is on the way,
       and my arm will bring justice to the nations.
       The islands will look to me
       and wait in hope for my arm.

 6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
       look at the earth beneath;
       the heavens will vanish like smoke,
       the earth will wear out like a garment
       and its inhabitants die like flies.
       But my salvation will last forever,
       my righteousness will never fail.

 7 "Hear me, you who know what is right,
       you people who have my law in your hearts:
       Do not fear the reproach of men
       or be terrified by their insults.

 8 For the moth will eat them up like a garment;
       the worm will devour them like wool.
       But my righteousness will last forever,
       my salvation through all generations." – Isaiah 51:5-8

I honestly don't feel like I can add a thing to the power of God's words here, so I will leave today's entry very brief at this. Feel free to add any of your thoughts on this week's entires in the comments section.